- Where do I begin? We had a large and complex home and a large, somewhat outdated existing system that appeared to be reaching the end... read moreWhere do I begin? We had a large and complex home and a large, somewhat outdated existing system that appeared to be reaching the end of its effective life. We also needed a new roof. I interviewed several solar companies, including some of the biggest and well known. The first thing that set Stada apart was immediate responsiveness and no bureaucratic run-around. We didn't get a sales pitch, we got a professional analysis and direct answers to our MANY questions. Michael Cordero started the process with an analysis of our existing system, our usage and whether it made sense to upgrade to a new and much more efficient system. No hard sell, just analysis and facts. Initially, I was somewhat concerned about a small company being able to handle a six figure installation. I called six different references to check up on them and my concerns evaporated. Once the decision was made to move forward they coordinated seamlessly with our roofer to make sure the existing system was properly and fully removed. The support system for the new panels was installed just prior to the new roof going on. Did I mention that the temperature during this project ranged from 110 - 120 degrees. I'm pretty sure Leif and the members of the team lost 25 lbs each! The new installation was done meticulously. Even the City inspector praised them. I've never heard of such a thing. Leif and Michelle Soderlind care about their work! I also have to mention Pat who worked on the electrical system and Gus who worked on just about everything. Both were real troopers. The entire crew was exceptional, respectful and polite. Overall, a great value. No hesitation in recommending these folks to my best friends. In fact, I did and Stada got the job! Kudos to Stada. read lessThomas B.8/20/2020I hired Stada to install a EV charger in my garage. Leif was very helpful with his suggestions for best placement for the charger as... read moreI hired Stada to install a EV charger in my garage. Leif was very helpful with his suggestions for best placement for the charger as well as his recommendation for which charger to purchase. Everything was completed on time and the work was very neat and tidy. All of the conduit was done in a way so that it is barely noticeable. I would definitely hire them again for any electrical needs that I may come up. read lessDon S.7/22/2020I had called Stada Energy as I have known Michael Cordero their main sales guy from a previous job you have done in my home.... read moreI had called Stada Energy as I have known Michael Cordero their main sales guy from a previous job you have done in my home. Total quality ethical and informative. The beauty of Michael and Stada is that they give you your options and are truly not trying to sell anything other than giving you your options and what the benefits are from different systems. Highly recommend I've used them on several properties and have recommended to probably close to 30 different people. If you have any questions call me Russ Clarke 760-880-5602. Russclarkeconstruction thank you read lessRuss C.6/05/2020
- I am a retired industrial contractor with over 40 years of very extensive experience in all aspects of construction operating three different successful companies over... read moreI am a retired industrial contractor with over 40 years of very extensive experience in all aspects of construction operating three different successful companies over that time span. I contacted Strata Energy to service/troubleshoot/repair our existing DC solar system. Within a little over one day I was contacted by Mike who arranged a service call with Leif, the owner. I cannot overstate the absolute professionalism, knowledge, technical quality, friendly demeanor, and integrity of Strata Energy and Leif Soderlind, the owner. Their charges were very reasonable and the results were perfect. Strata Energy will be my "go to" solar expert in the Desert.....I cannot express in adequate terms my recommendation for this company. Very typical of a family owned enterprise in America!!
Greg E read lessGreg E.12/03/2019We had solar panels put on our house by this excellent company. When I was calling around for bids the first thing that set them... read moreWe had solar panels put on our house by this excellent company. When I was calling around for bids the first thing that set them apart was Leif's knowledge - asking questions other companies didn't and then explaining why he was recommending # of panels, type of panels, batteries etc. He and Michelle did a site visit which confirmed our confidence in them. As we live in another state they handled EVERYTHING! ( including driving over when another contractor had left the garage door open!)
They dealt with the city, the HOA, the utility companies. The job is perfect. Installation in garage is neat. Our electric bill is negligible and they monitor the panels.
Leif and Michelle are co-owners and they have there heart and passion in what they do. They are both wonderful to work with. I would be happy to talk to anyone considering using them. Hands down our best decision so far contractors wise with our new home. This is getting a little over the top at this point but sincerely they are AMAZING! read lessJeanne W.10/03/2019I recently moved to Palm Desert and wanted to install Solar Panels. I interviewed a few providers and chose Stada Energy. Leif and... read moreI recently moved to Palm Desert and wanted to install Solar Panels. I interviewed a few providers and chose Stada Energy. Leif and Michelle are the dynamic owners. They are honest, hard working, do an amazing job, they care about the work they do and the people they work for. What a plus! I look at other roofs in the development where I live and my roof is clean, no cables, wires hanging out, Leif installs them inside, under the roof to protect them from wearing out in the excessive heat. I couldn't be more pleased. There are a lot of solar providers out there, do your homework, Stada Energy is the best, you will be delightfully surprised at the job this company does! read lessJudy S.7/16/2019
- Leif was professional and very accommodating to my crazy ever changing schedule. He installed the garage charger for the Tesla. His work is... read moreLeif was professional and very accommodating to my crazy ever changing schedule. He installed the garage charger for the Tesla. His work is excellent and he doesn't leave an ounce of dust behind. He has a very creative mind and could see how to place the conduit in a way that didn't standout but placed the charger where I wanted it (not the most convenient spot). Leif went the extra mile for me and that is always appreciated. read lessLesa L.3/17/2019Honestly, I can DITTO all of the FIVE star reviews below...
Leif and Michelle answered the phone when I first called...they came out to do a... read moreHonestly, I can DITTO all of the FIVE star reviews below...
Leif and Michelle answered the phone when I first called...they came out to do a walk thru on the same day. I wanted a panel upgrade as well as a Tesla Wall connector installed on my home in Palm Desert. Additionally, they gave me an estimate on Solar. The work was completed according to schedule. Since I only live in the Desert part time, they kept me updated on all that was happening. And, Leif was kind enough to install the RING doorbell for me as well.
Since I wasn't able to be here to see the final work, Leif sent me several photos. I couldn't believe how well the stucco repair and paint matching looked on the house around the panel...via the pictures. When I finally returned to the Desert, I was able to see it for myself...a PERFECT match...one would never know the stucco had been cut out around the old panel. Also, the panel is now SOLAR-READY.
Leif and Michelle are very professional, responsive, and reliable. I am so grateful that I found them, and will use them for any and all future electrical needs. read lessA K.1/03/2019From the first phone call with Michelle, I knew I was dealing with a company that was customer focused. Because our Tesla charging unit install... read moreFrom the first phone call with Michelle, I knew I was dealing with a company that was customer focused. Because our Tesla charging unit install was a bit more complex, Michelle and Leif came up with a plan that would facilitate our needs while maintaining the aesthetics of the home. They applied for permits through the city and kept us updated on the progress, which was very much appreciated. Leif was prompt to our appointment and put in a full days work (plus a follow up day) to get the job completed. He went above and beyond to blend the conduit into our home, paint and all! We are extremely satisfied with the installation and will be reaching out to Stada Energy should we have any future needs. read lessRob C.12/11/2018
- Leif was very thorough and professional when analyzing my solar needs. I highly recommend Stada if you desire high quality outcomes and customer service.Scott B.11/21/2018We made the decision to go solar after hearing lectures about climate change on a recent cruise. We came home and selected several local... read moreWe made the decision to go solar after hearing lectures about climate change on a recent cruise. We came home and selected several local companies to get information and bids for solar for our home. A friend suggested getting information from Stada Energy and we couldn't be happier with the recommendation. Leif and Michelle, along with other staff, are incomparable when it comes to customer service and professional workmanship. They are in contact throughout the process, giving information, as well as keeping you informed on each step of the process, from what has to be done with the county, HOA, Edison, etc. Leif is not only owner and CEO, but hands-on when it comes to installation. He is meticulous in workmanship, works tirelessly and shows knowledge and pride in what he is doing. Michelle, as co-owner and CFO, helps you through the process as you decide the financial side of your project. Both are personable, professional and a total delight to do business with. It was the best experience we've ever had with any business in the desert and we highly recommend Stada for your solar or EV needs. read lessKarla L.11/19/2018Leif and Michelle are fine, responsive people to work with. They go beyond what is expected to provide the best service ever. We... read moreLeif and Michelle are fine, responsive people to work with. They go beyond what is expected to provide the best service ever. We would recommend to everyone interested in great personal service every step of the way. Our solar system is up and our meter is going backwards!!! read lessKay W.11/09/2018
- Very fast good communication. Easy to work with by yelp messaging, email, and phone. Very professional and friendly. Came out quick and got the job... read moreVery fast good communication. Easy to work with by yelp messaging, email, and phone. Very professional and friendly. Came out quick and got the job done fast. Clean look to the tesla charger installation.
Michelle and Lief were very fair and honest and surveyed the house electrical and determined the load on the fuse box, and gave a straight forward answer and prices of various options. read lessAnil P.9/28/2018We used Stada as a recommendation from our contractor for a home we are remodeling in Morningside, Rancho Mirage. From start to finish... read moreWe used Stada as a recommendation from our contractor for a home we are remodeling in Morningside, Rancho Mirage. From start to finish it was the easiest construction project I have experienced. They did all the paper work (for a very strict HOA) and dealt with Edison. The install was on-time and barely noticeable. First class job all around. And the owners are on top of everything and easy to deal with. I have solar at our other home in Napa but Stada stands out by comparison. I highly recommend them if you like dealing with a locally owned small business that will go the extra mile for you! read lessHenry B.9/26/2018I was hesitant to have solar installed, worried about having major modifications to the service panel and unsure of the ROI. Stada did an... read moreI was hesitant to have solar installed, worried about having major modifications to the service panel and unsure of the ROI. Stada did an install on my son's house last year and I was very impressed with their professionalism. I called them to evaluate mine (lots of shade trees, difficult roof line) and got a well engineered proposal addressing all my concerns. Fast forward to today's system activation and I couldn't be happier. It's performing as promised and on its way to a reasonable payoff. These folks are great; fast, experienced, and very meticulous. I feel like I now have a friend in the business. I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone interested in solar or EV chargers. read lessSteve B.9/25/2018
- I wish I could put more than 5 stars.... Great service !!! friendly and right on time and very professional...... I... read moreI wish I could put more than 5 stars.... Great service !!! friendly and right on time and very professional...... I highly recommend them for any of there services !!!!!
Mike Barnblatt read lessMike B.9/24/2018I recently purchased a Tesla 3 and admittedly did not budget for an expensive installation of an EV charging system. I am a DIY person... read moreI recently purchased a Tesla 3 and admittedly did not budget for an expensive installation of an EV charging system. I am a DIY person for many things but I could see with about 5 minutes of research that not only was this well beyond my skill / knowledge capability, but that my situation was going to be unusually difficult. The location of my electrical panel was far away from garage and there were many barriers to this being an easy project. I knew I was going to have to spend $$$ to get this done. I carefully considered each of the 5 Tesla recommended installers. I reached out to 3 of them... Stada and 2 others, both of which were established and respected companies in this area. Right from my first correspondence with Leif and Michelle there was a genuine interest expressed in my project and the challenges it presented. Leif seemed to own my project's difficulties from the get go and immediately started working on overcoming its barriers. I know he sensed my not having a high budget for this project as he worked hard at finding an option that was cost effective but not compromising in effectiveness or aesthetics. I must say that another installer that many would expect to be the top choice (and the one that our Tesla rep said was the best) said, "Oh, that's going to be expensive", and then proceeded to give me a very high bid. The other reputable company we reached out to on the list looked at our project and never got back to me.
It was the easiest choice in the world to go with Leif. He took an interest in our job and tailored his bid to my needs and concerns. From beginning to end he proved to be highly competent and professional, and the 2 young men he brought with him to do the work were experienced, talented and skilled as well. The job was done beautifully. The Tesla wall connector works perfectly and the aesthetics of what they did surpassed my expectations!
I highly recommend Stada for any EV installation (hands down the best choice of the 5 that Tesla recommends). I understand they are a relatively new company, but Leif and his employees are highly competent and they each have many years of experience in the field. I just don't think one could do better for an electrical or solar project. Their prices are fair and they work tirelessly to make sure everything is just right... to the finest detail. And when the job was completed Leif clearly took pride in the quality of the work done and was pleased that I was satisfied. And that's not common these days. Thank you Leif, Michelle, Patrick and Patrick (yep, there's two of them). read lessHerb N.8/10/2018Here is why you should consider going solar with Stada:
1. Family-owned, owners Leif and Michelle
2. They started this business with experience installing over 1000... read moreHere is why you should consider going solar with Stada:
1. Family-owned, owners Leif and Michelle
2. They started this business with experience installing over 1000 residential solar systems in the Coachella Valley and surrounding area
3. They are accountable and explain the process thoroughly, full transparency
4. The installers are the owners- skip the sales spiffs and understand how your system is built and what kind of production you will receive
5. You're going to get the best price, hands down.
6. They are focused on the quality of the install and the customer experience.
Going solar can be a big decision for many. Trust the people who walk you through the process and support business owners who work their butts off for their customers! They also install EV car chargers for your electric vehicles. It was a no-brainer and I wanted to share! read lessAbby S.8/08/2018
- Just recently received news from Tesla that a Model 3 i had ordered over 2 years ago was ready. Although the vehicle comes with... read moreJust recently received news from Tesla that a Model 3 i had ordered over 2 years ago was ready. Although the vehicle comes with a 240v level 2 charger, I was looking to install an EV charging port at my Palm Springs residence to supply power for both a Chevy Volt and the Tesla Model 3. Tesla does provide a list of installers in the area, so I decided to contact as many as possible to explore options and determine the optimal choice. The list Tesla provides for the Palm Springs area comprises of about 7 suppliers. I called all of them and only received return calls back from 3 of the 7. Stada stood out among the group almost immediately. The call to them was promptly answered and within 48 hours, a technician visited the installation site, inspected the circuit panel, and explained the various options. They provided me with the websites to visit that were offering rebates and incentives to subsidize both the installation and purchase of a Level 2 charger. I was prepared to spend at least $1000 or more for the project. Micelle and Leif informed me of incentives from SCE and a State agency that was providng consumers with some additional incentives. The aggregate of all of these incentives (which btw none of the other suppliers even mentioned this) totaled $900. You can imagine how pleased I was to learn that my actual cost were just $64!. One of the other suppliers who provided a quote informed my that my circuit panel had reached its maximum capacity and that the installation would require the addition of a sub panel to accommodate the load demand. Leif engineered a solution using the existing panel and was able to move around some of the breakers along with utilizing a quad circuit. Unlike the others, he was able to compute the whole house load count (quantitative measurement that is necessary to assure that the circuit panel is not overloaded and compliant with code) right on the spot. I was told by one supplier that this required an engineer and would be added to the cost of the permit. I heard no such nonsense like that from Strada. They provided me the bid, I engaged their services, and had the unit installed within the next week. No run around and tech talk designed to confuse, everything was simple and straightforward. The permit charge was only nominally marked up to account for the time and effort of obtaining and arranging for the inspection (btw if you want the incentives, almost all of the providers require a copy of a permit) and the material and labor for the equipment and installation was very fairly priced. What i appreciated most about this company is the listening skills along with the technical knowledge to deliver the right solution. In my case, since I was planning to use the port to charge both a Tesla and a Chevy Volt, they recommended a plug in charger that delivered 40amp service with a nema 14-50 outlet ( Tesla requirement). Almost every other charger in that category only supplied 32amps. The charging port selected was shipped directly from Amazon (Next day) and cost $439. It was a perfect solution for me because it charged 20% faster than most other units and was fully compatible with both vehicles. Installing and providing outstanding service in the overall process, including selecting the proper charging equipment is definitely a core competency of this company. You simply couldn't ask or receive better service than what I experienced. Professional technical service, creative engineering of solutions to a potentially, overloaded circuit panel, assistance in selecting the best choice of equipment for my specific use, providing information about rebates and incentives that were previously unknown, completing the entire proposal, installation, and inspection process in less than 2 weeks, and delivering the solution all at a cost, after rebates and incentives of $64. If you are thinking about getting an EV charger for your home, contact STADA. It is a small company now but with this kind of commitment to service and their speciality in EV charging solutions, from my perspective, the experience is going to be WIN/WIN. Thanks Micelle and Leif. read lessJ. K.7/11/2018Met Micelle, Leif and Allen when they came to my complex to modify my apartments's breaker box. Positive energy, they listened to my concerns... read moreMet Micelle, Leif and Allen when they came to my complex to modify my apartments's breaker box. Positive energy, they listened to my concerns and responded promptly with a smile, kind words and a passion in their voice for what they do... very professional in my apartment and didnt even mind my cats, yeehaw!
I had layman's questions and they explained everything to me as I asked queations.
When I move and buy my home I will have this.xompany back to do my electrical and solar work, no doubt!
THEY ARE THE BEST! Thanks you guys and happy journey along the way. read lessKathy S.6/26/2018We decided to go solar since we live in a place where it's always sunny. We looked at a few companies large and small and... read moreWe decided to go solar since we live in a place where it's always sunny. We looked at a few companies large and small and after meeting with Leif and his new start up company decided to go with him. Us having a start up of our own years back can relate. Leif gave us different options for solar panels which was nice. Lief also pointed out our pool pump as inefficient and was low hanging fruit for savings to switch to variable speed. It took a few weeks to get the permit and the install went smooth. Very clean work and professionally done. Stada Energy did a great job. Also we just had a lot of rain and no leaks!
Big thanks to Leif and his team you guys rock! read lessZach G.3/13/2018