Make Your Home Sustainable with Stada Energy
Your home is your sanctuary, the space where you make everything just right. So why not make your home and the things in it more sustainable? Choose longer-lasting appliances, lighting, and habits so your home can be energy independent and eco-friendly.
Let your home be a reflection of your values of sustainability and energy independence. Call the team at Stada Energy to discuss solar energy systems for your home. Our team can help you create the perfect solar panel system and storage for your home.
Contact Stada Energy’s Coachella Valley solar consultants today.
7 Ways to Make Your Home Eco-Friendly
Here are seven easy, long-lasting ways to change your carbon footprint and make your home more sustainable.
- Solar Power. Of course, as solar energy installers, we are proud to say that one of the biggest ways to make your home sustainable is to install a solar energy system. Solar power is cleaner, more sustainable, and more independent than traditional grid energy use. Solar energy and storage provide energy along with lower energy costs, environmental friendliness, and long-term energy independence.
- LED Lighting. Switching your home to LED lightbulbs can make your lighting 90% more efficient than traditional incandescent lightbulbs. LED lights have a life expectancy of 30,000-50,000 hours, compared to traditional lightbulbs only last 8,000 to 10,000 hours. LED bulbs live so much longer, so you contribute less trash in landfills, while also saving money and energy while lighting your home.
- Appliances. Choosing energy-efficient appliances, whether in a new build or as you slowly transition your existing home, can make a big difference in the energy you use. Energy-efficient appliances including your washer and dryer, dishwasher, and other smaller appliances, can save money and energy while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Smart thermostat. Smart thermostats are programmable, can be adjusted when you are not home and can learn your heating and cooling habits. They are more accurate and energy efficient than traditional knobs or manual thermostats. They help you to keep comfortable in a consistent manner, which will save energy in the long run and help your HVAC system last longer.
- Indoor plants. An energy-friendly, eco-loving way to have clean air in your home is to have a lot of indoor plants. Different plants perform functions, but most contribute to cleaner air, so your family and loved ones can breathe easier. Houseplants can reduce pollutants including carbon dioxide, benzene, formaldehyde, and mercury.
- Landscaping. Climate-appropriate landscaping greatly reduces your maintenance costs and energy costs, decreases your water usage, and helps to keep your landscape looking good year-round. Without large patches of grass, or plants that are not meant for your climate, you won’t have to fight the elements to keep your home looking great. An eco-friendly yard can be beautiful and sustainable!
- Air-Dry. Your household dryer is one of your home’s biggest energy consumers. By air drying sheets or clothes outside during the warmer months, you can save energy, use less power, enjoy a quieter home, and have great-smelling clothes or sheets. Open-air drying, whether indoors or out, can reduce your carbon footprint by nearly 2,400 pounds per year.
Choose Stada Energy for Solar Energy for Your Sustainable Home
At Stada Energy, we are happy to share sustainability ideas and tips with our customers and friends in the Coachella Valley. We know the importance of being eco-friendly in every way we can. Let our team of solar energy experts outfit your home with solar panels, battery storage, and energy systems so that you can be energy independent and eco-friendly for years to come.
Contact Stada Energy to speak with our Coachella Valley solar installers today. We’re here to power your future.