Become Energy Efficient to Get the Most Out of Your Solar
If you are considering installing solar panels and battery systems to power your home, it is a great idea to make your home energy efficient as well. The Coachella Valley solar professionals at Stada Energy want you to get the most out of your solar power system, reducing your home’s energy consumption can help that happen.
From switching to LED lightbulbs to planting shade trees, there are many ways you can update your home to work for you. Let the Coachella Valley energy experts at Stada Energy create the ideal solar energy system to power your home.
Energy Efficiency and Your Home
The choices you make for the exterior of your home and its central components can make a big difference in its energy efficiency. Structural choices, HVAC maintenance, and landscaping can help you to conserve energy.
Use these tips when upgrading your home to be energy efficient:
- Update windows and sliding doors for maximum temperature control. Install multi-layered glass or use shade films on existing windows to reduce heat loss during winter as well as reduce solar heating during hotter months
- Inspect, repair, and maintain your HVAC system, including insulation and ductwork. Heating and cooling can consume close to half of your home’s energy
- Plant shade trees or bushes to control sun exposure through your windows. Be cautious of how high the trees or shrubs grow so that they do not shade solar panels (or the section of the roof where solar will be installed)
Energy Efficiency and Your Appliances
Your appliances make up the vast majority of your fixed energy consumers in your home. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to reduce the amount of energy your appliances use. The most effective way to reduce your appliances’ energy use is to upgrade to energy efficiency-rated appliances.
Once you have chosen the appliances that you are going to stick with, here are other ways to increase energy efficiency:
- Use appliances before or after peak hours, 4:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Unplug smaller appliances when not in use to reduce power drain through the constant connection
- Use cold water to wash clothes and when drying, clean your lint filter between each load
- Avoid overloading your dishwasher and air dry your dishes rather than using the dry cycle
- Defrost your refrigerator and freezer and vacuum coils periodically for optimal operation
- Make sure that your refrigerator door closes completely, preventing loss of cooled air
Energy Efficiency and Solar Power: The Perfect Match
Whether you are working towards off-grid living or just want to do your part to conserve energy, combining energy conservation with solar power systems can meet your goals. As you update your home, there are multiple ways to save power and decrease the pull on your power system.
Change the way that you use energy with the help of the Coachella Valley Solar experts at Stada Energy. Our team is here to help you create an efficient, independent home that can be “on” when the grid is “off”.
Call our team today to discuss your solar energy options.